Commission Meetings - July 27, 2020 - Agenda
Due to the COVID-19 health emergency and to protect our Commission members, Office of Small Business
and other CCSF staff, and members of the public, the Commission’s Meeting Room (Room 400) is closed.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in scheduled meetings remotely. If you want to ensure your comment on any item on the agenda is received by the Commission in advance of scheduled meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below for remote meeting access instructions.
SMALL BUSINESS COMMISSION
Monday, July 27, 2020
SMALL BUSINESS COMMISSIONERS
Sharky Laguana;, President
Miriam Zouzounis, Vice-President
Stephen Adams Kathleen Dooley; Cynthia Huie;
William Ortiz-Cartagena; Manny Yekutiel
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN:
Access Code: 3107452
Providing Public Comment
Ensure you are in a quiet location. Speak clearly. Turn off any TVs or radios around you.
1. When prompted, dial "1 - 0" to be added to the speaker line. The auto-prompt will indicate callers are entering "Question and Answer" time, but this is the "Public Comment" period.
2. Callers will hear silence when waiting for your turn to speak.
3. When prompted, callers will have the standard three minutes to provide comment unless otherwise noted by the presiding office of the meeting.
Watch the Commission meeting at your convenience through SFGovTV:
Channel 26 or 78, live streaming, and on demand.
- Call to order and roll call.
- Board of Supervisors File No. 200785. Existing Building Code - Mandatory Earthquake Retrofit - Compliance Deadline. Ordinance amending the Existing Building Code to extend the date for completion of work for the seismic retrofitting of Tier IV wood-frame buildings to September 15, 2021. (Discussion and Action Item)
Presenter: Tom Temprano, Legislative Aide, Supervisor Rafael Mandelman
Explanatory Documents: Legislation, Legislative Digest, Legislative Review
- Board of Supervisors File No. 200760. Emergency Ordinance - Temporary Waiver of Business Registration and License Fees for Certain Small Businesses Due to COVID-19 Pandemic (Discussion and Action Item)
Presenter: Daisy Quan, Legislative Aide, Supervisor Gordon Mar
Explanatory Documents: Legislation, Legislative Digest, Legislative Review
- Presentation: Update and report on the Shared Spaces Program and related resources. (Discussion Item)
Presenter: Robin Abad Ocubillo, Senior Planner, Planning Department
- Continued Discussion on Small Business Recovery and Rebuilding. Commissioner reports on the Economic Recovery Taskforce (ERTF), review of Small Business Commission ERTF recommendations, and other activities related small business during the State of Emergency. (Discussion and Possible Action Item).
Explanatory Documents: Letter to the Mayor: Small Business Commission Recommendations for the Fourth and Subsequent Federal Economic Stimulus Packages, Memo to the Economic Recovery Task Force: Recommendations for Recovery and Rebuilding Español 中文 Tagalog عربى
- Approval of Draft Meeting Minutes. (Action Item)
Explanatory Documents: Draft Meeting Minutes – March 9, 2020
- Director’s Report. Update and report on the Office of Small Business and the Small Business Assistance Center, department programs, policy and legislative matters, announcements from the Mayor, and announcements regarding small business activities. (Discussion Item)
- Commissioners’ Reports. Allows President, Vice President, and Commissioners to report on recent small business activities and make announcements that are of interest to the small business community. (Discussion Item)
- New Business. Allows Commissioners to introduce new agenda items for future consideration by the Commission. (Discussion Item)
- Adjournment. (Action Item)
Public Comment is called for during each agenda item. Members of the public may provide on-topic comment on specific agenda items. Speakers are requested, but not required, to state their names, which will help ensure proper attribution of comments and speakers' names in the written record of the meeting.
Explanatory Documents: Copies of proposed legislation listed in this agenda, and other related materials received by the SBC after the posting of the agenda, are available for public inspection at www.sfosb.org
For questions about the meeting, please contact Small Business Commission at SBC@sfgov.org.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Certain and temporary modifications to Pubic Records Law have been implemented due to the local state of emergency. Please review the notice here.
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that city operations are open for the people’s review. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) or to report a violation of the ordinance, please contact the:
Sunshine Ordinance Task Force:
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244
San Francisco, CA 94102-4683
415-554-7724 (Office); 415-554-5163 (Fax)
Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library and on the City’s website at www.sfgov.org. Copies of explanatory documents are available to the public online at www.sfbos.org/sunshine or, upon request to the Commission Secretary, at the above address or phone number.
CELL PHONE AND/OR SOUND-PRODUCING ELECTRONIC DEVICE USAGE AT HEARINGS
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
DISABILITY ACCESS POLICY
Commission hearings are held in Room 400 at City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place in San Francisco (unless otherwise noted). City Hall is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and other assistive mobility devices. Ramps are available at the Grove, Van Ness and McAllister entrances. Accessible seating for persons with disabilities (including those using wheelchairs) is available. The closest accessible BART Station is the Civic Center station located at the intersection of Market, Hyde and Grove streets. Accessible Muni lines serving City Hall include 5 Fulton and 49 Mission/Van Ness, and all Metro lines servicing the Metro station at Van Ness and Market. For more information about Muni accessible services, call 311. Accessible parking in the vicinity of City Hall is available adjacent to Davies Hall and the War Memorial Complex, and also in the Civic Center Garage (355 McAllister Street) and Performing Arts Garage (360 Grove Street).
Assistive listening devices, real time captioning, American Sign Language interpreters, readers, large print agendas or other accommodations are available upon request. Please make your requests for accommodations to the Office of Small Business, (415) 554-6134, or email: email@example.com. Requesting accommodations at least 72 hours prior to the meeting will help to ensure availability.
Filipino (Tagalog) interpreters will be available upon requests. Meeting Minutes may be translated, if requested, after they have been adopted by the Commission. Assistance in additional languages may be honored whenever possible. To request assistance with these services please contact the Office of Small Business at 415-554-6134, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of the hearing. Late requests will be honored if possible.
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [SF Campaign & Governmental Conduct Code 2.100] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220, SF 94102 (415) 252-3100, FAX (415) 252-3112 and web site address at www.sfethics.org.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical base products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.